Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#3. Scenery to Soothe the Conservative Soul



Look at this scene: Calm, tranquil, republican. Look upon the green grass and trees that give off the vibe of a real winner. Hear the leaves rustle in the wind, like a never ending applause. Smell that fresh air mixed with the faint scent of barbecue, just as heaven would surely smell. Note the lone Bush, standing strong, despite a low gardener approval rating.

Then gaze upon the building standing firm like its owner. The architecture is simple, but elegant. The white roof and brown stucco walls with brick accents - they give off a commanding presence. Feel the rough stucco under your fingers. Tastes the salty stucco on your tongue . . . OK don’t do that!

I'm not trying to corral you into a certain kind of thinking but this place will soon be a great American land mark. You must think property like this, with its combination of natural and architectural beauty, belongs to a great man. You'd be right! It is owned by a true genius, who is Texas tough and isn't afraid to take a vacation even while a whole nation is in crises. Only great Americans deserve to own a ranch such as this.

Now gaze upon the picture as a whole. It clearly makes a strong statement. It just screams "Mission Accomplished. It’s time to barbecue!"

This has been a message from the Republican Landmark Corporation. Preserving our wealth so the lower classes of the future can gaze upon our splendor.

4 comments:

junior2010 said...

i loved your post!!!! it made me laugh :). my favorite part was when you said, "this house is owned by a proud man who is not afraid to take a vacation when the nation is in crisis!" however, you seemed to have been focusing more on bush and less on the picture itself. i read your post and it didn't feel like you were showing the reader what the house looked like as well as you could have. but otherwise, nice work!

Ursa Major said...

Yes, I'm randomly looking at block 1's blogs... But I loved yours, so I just had to mention it! I especially like your last sentence. It's great!

changeinapocket said...

I absolutely loved this. It was so funny and so creative! I love how you described the house. You are very creative. Keep it up! Although, you might have used one to many adverbs and adjectives. Good Work!

Squarish Square said...

I think that maybe you can tone down your hippie-liberal 'I hate America' attitude. Our President is better than a lot of things. For example, your writing. Technically, it's magnificent. But I have to cast my judgment down harshly because of the America hating and communist supporting rhetoric. Next time I see a VW microbus on the road, I'll run it over in my EFF THREE FIFTY SUPERRRRDUTYYY!!1!! I'll do that because (1) I am kind. Not many people get to say that they were killed by something as American as a one-ton truck bought for intense grocery runs and home depot errands. (2) You're probably in a VW microbus and God will deliver thou unto my jurisdiction.
Have fun rotting in America-hating hell!